Target Corporation helps make your holiday shopping easy as the retailer has announced it will give guests a more convenient shopping experience this holiday season through new and expanded digital tools and resources, including free shipping and returns at Target.com, and new international shipping options. Target’s holiday shoppers also will find top gifts and décor, ways to save throughout the season and a marketing campaign, The Holiday Odyssey, that will tell the tale of a larger-than-life holiday journey
New and Enhanced Digital Tools and Resources
Target continues to enhance and introduce new digital tools and resources to make shopping more convenient.
- Beginning Nov. 1 through Dec. 25, Target will bring back free shipping and returns, making it easy for guests to shop online.
- New this holiday season, Target will offer international shopping and shipping to more than 200 countries and territories. In partnership with Borderfree, Target.com will offer guests the ability to pay in almost 60 different currencies and have their orders shipped to themselves or to family and friends who live outside the U.S.
- Next week, Curbside pickup service will expand from 21 to 121 Target stores. The offering, which allows guests to complete their “Target run” without ever leaving the car, will now be in all Philadelphia and San Francisco Bay area stores, and in select stores in the New York-New Jersey and Chicago areas.
- Beginning next week, Target is expanding Instacart, the popular on-demand grocery delivery service from Minneapolis, where it was first piloted, to San Francisco. Guests can visitcomor the Instacart app to shop Target for select groceries, household, health and beauty, pet and baby products and receive the order in less than two hours.
- Kids and families will find new and more engaging functionality on the Target Kids’ Wish Listapp, including kid-friendly browse, search and scan abilities, as well as easier ways for parents to manage and share lists. Kids can send a letter to Santa, who will send a response in the app, and play the new Snow-N-Roll game within the experience.
Target’s Holiday Odyssey
This year, Target will introduce The Holiday Odyssey, a season-long tale at the heart of the retailer’s holiday marketing campaign. It all starts with a digital storybook—narrated by Neil Patrick Harris, star of the stage and screen—and will come to life with moving pictures and digital interactions for families to enjoy together. Available for free at Target.com/adventure beginning Nov. 4, the story unfolds with three kids and the Target mascot, Bullseye, embarking on a holiday quest. A cast of characters from LEGO, Minions, Ninja Turtles, and more, join in on the holiday journey that conveys the wonder and inspiration of the season. Key moments from the story will be reflected in Target stores beginning Nov. 1, and via advertising, including 12 broadcast spots, beginning Nov. 4.
On Dec. 7, Target will unveil Target Wonderland, a 16,000 square foot retail spectacle in New York’s Meatpacking District. Free and open to the public beginning Dec. 9, Target Wonderland will be a playful and kinetic environment meant to captivate adults and kids alike by bringing elements of The Holiday Odyssey to life, such as the “S.S. Free Shipping” LEGO ship from the broadcast ads. The experience will include digitally-driven shopping, giving guests a peek at the future of retail, imagined by Target. www.target.com